- Click on Start--> Run--> type in " msconfig " . Press ok
- Click on startup tab on the top right. Click on disable all on the bottom, also click on services tab on the top, then click disable all...in the same row put a check mark on " Hide all microsoft services".
- Click on apply and close and let the computer restart automatically.
When the computer screen comes up click on OK on system configuartion wizard and start the install the audio driver once again. Reply back if still the issue persists.
Download KB888111 can be installed on top of SP3. Follow the instructions below.
- Use 7-zip or WinRAR to extract
- Extract KB888111XPSP2.exe to a folder such as C:\KB888111XPSP2
- Open Device Manager, search for the Unknown PCI device
- Right click on the Unknown PCI device to update the driver
- Point the driver path to this C:\KB888111XPSP2\commonfiles\